cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to uninstall AOFO on media server?

norad_06
Level 3
Hi,

I'd like to uninstall the AOFO option from the server which has the Backup Exec 11d installed on it. I can uninstall it on the remote servers using the "setup.exe /AOFO: -s -u" command, but it won't work on the media server. If I uninstall the AOFO license from the media server, AOFO gets unstalled (vsp.sys is no longer listed). But then, the other servers which have AOFO installed cannot use AOFO.

Why do I need this? In our system, we have couple of server 2003 and server 2000s. On server 2003s, I'd like to use Windows Volume Shadow Copy Service; on server 2000s I'd like to use Symantec Volume Snapshot Provider. I know that I can create 2 seperate jobs and group server 2000s & 2003s, but I'd like to have one single job which has the "Automatically select open file technology" option selected (If this option is selected and Symantec VSP is installed, it takes precedence over Microsoft VSS. That's why I need to uninstall Symanctec VSP where it's not needed).

Thank you
2 REPLIES 2

Patty_McGowan
Level 6
Employee
I understand your problem.

Unfortunately, if you wish to use AOFO it has to be installed on the media server.
I am not aware of any way around this.

Patty

norad_06
Level 3
Thank you for your reply Patty McGowan.

Has anyone else needed this? Any suggestions?