cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i meet an error when I using backup exec to backup

copa
Not applicable

Hi All 

I get some trouble when I backup with backup exec 2010 , when a job is processing , I receive an error information

" e0008115-The job failed with the following error: Physical Volume Library Drive or Robot paused, offline, or disabled."

and

" Robotic library hardware error.The robotic library has reported a general hardware error condition. Manual intervention, calibration, etc., may be required. This may be a device related hardware problem, or it may be some other hardware problem (i.e. SCSI card/bus etc.). The library and drive states have been set to offline. Please attend to this condition."

and since then ," all my job's status turns to "missed"  , 

My device is Quantum superloader 3 , I used to ask Quantum support for help , the Quantum engineer checked this device and they believe that the hardware did not have any problems. 

Can anyone help me to trouble shoot on this ?

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2

pkh
   VIP    Certified

1) Right-click on the tape library and pause/unpause the library.

2) In the Windows Device Manager, check that the library is appearing as an Unknown Medium Changer with a Microsoft driver.  If it has a Quantum driver, change it using these procedures.

How to uninstall the Original Equipment Manufacturer driver for the medium changer in a robotic libr...

How to uninstall the Original Equipment Manufacturer driver for the medium changer in a robotic libr...

The tape drive should have a Symantec driver.

3) If both the above do not solve the problem, re-install the tape drive using this procedure

a) Delete the library from BE

b) Stop the media server and the library

c) Start the tape library

d) Start the media server

e) Ensure that the library and tape drive is recognised and functioning correctly in the Windows Device Manager

f) In BE, install the library if necessary.  Go to Tools --> Wizards ---> Device Configuration Wizard to do so.

g) Try again.

DrewLeja
Level 2

Witnessed the E0008115 error when standing up a brand new Superloader 3.  While it was very important to update the firmware on the autoloader and tape drive, this error was ultimately the result of a bad tape.  This one was new out of the box and it still caused problems.