cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i want solution

musalliabdu
Level 2

my company is using Symantec system recovery tool 2013 with license key for saving the backup of client systems and servers. Company have individual server also save backup. Now my company facing the problem. because, Symantec backup tool will take more space from hard disk. We are fixing the schedule time collect the backup. but, when will take the backup, Symantec tool create individual files and take the more space from hard disk also. so, let me know, how will solve the problem? If will doing like this, my company need purchase more hard disk for saving backup. so, let me know if will take the backup time, can possible over write files (save one file name and add the new backup to same file.no need create every time individual file) and compressed the size of file.

awaiting a favorable reply...

regards &best regards...

3 REPLIES 3

criley
Employee Accredited

@musalliabdu

You have posted this in the wrong forum, this forum is for Backup Exec. This link takes you to the forum for System Recovery: https://vox.veritas.com/t5/System-Recovery/bd-p/system-recovery

That said, which files are you talking about when you say 'Symantec tool create individual files and take the more space from hard disk also' ? Are you talking about v2i/iv2i files? Please clarify.

Good Morning...Yes. my backup file format is V2i. please check the attach image file.if will take the backup,take more space from hard disk....let me know solution save space of hard disk..

thanks &best regards..symatec version.jpg

criley
Employee Accredited

@musalliabdu

Well, you need to decide how many backup SETS you want to retain based on how much space you have available and how far back you need to go in terms of restore.

You can either limit the number of sets you are retaining and/or increase the compression level to reduce the amount of space needed. These decisions are yours to make though ..