cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iSCSI configuration

kevin120481
Level 2

I have a customer using Backup Exec 2012, They have been using 2010 but the scripts need to be deleted and re-created.

I am doing this without any problems, but when it comes to selecting the destination I cannot select the iSCSI drive S:

I have tried connecting to the servers sharepoint aswell but get a Authentication error.

How can I configure an iSCSI backup location?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi,

You'd obviously carve out your iSCSI storage and present to your server, formatting it and giving it a drive letter. THis is what you have done already.

See if you can create a folder on the S:\ drive through Windows, and then add this as a storage location within BE.

If need-be, unpresent, and then present the S:\ drive again.

THanks!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

CraigV

Hi,

You'd obviously carve out your iSCSI storage and present to your server, formatting it and giving it a drive letter. THis is what you have done already.

See if you can create a folder on the S:\ drive through Windows, and then add this as a storage location within BE.

If need-be, unpresent, and then present the S:\ drive again.

THanks!

kevin120481
Level 2

Hi CraigV

I have disconnected and reconnected the iSCSI drive but Backup Exec cannot see the drive.

I take it I would be adding this under Disk-Based Storage and then selecting Disk Storage

CraigV

Sorry for only replying now, but when you want to add a B2D folder to BE you'd use Disk-Based Storage.

To remove the LUN itself you would do this through the iSCSI initiator.