cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

insert a rewritable support in the library...

n3m3sls
Level 4
Partner Accredited

Hi i have a problem, in my libraries appear this message insert a rewritable support in the library  and I can not make backup why?I attached a picture of the problem..

thanks

pd.: sorry for my english 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Donald_Eady
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Compruebe que las cintas insertadas son de hecho sobre la escritura. Si no por favor vuelva a colocar las cintas y tratar de volver a ejecutar el trabajo de copia de seguridad. Además, compruebe la protección de sobrescritura se aplica a las cintas que el conjunto está siendo aplicado a las cintas puede ser lo que impide su escritura a ellos

Please verify that the tapes you have inserted are infact overwritable. if not please replace the tapes and try rerunning the backup job. Additionally verify the overwrite protection being applied to the tapes the media set that is being applied to the tapes may be what is preventing your writting to them 

http://www.symantec.com/docs/HOWTO73312

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Donald_Eady
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Compruebe que las cintas insertadas son de hecho sobre la escritura. Si no por favor vuelva a colocar las cintas y tratar de volver a ejecutar el trabajo de copia de seguridad. Además, compruebe la protección de sobrescritura se aplica a las cintas que el conjunto está siendo aplicado a las cintas puede ser lo que impide su escritura a ellos

Please verify that the tapes you have inserted are infact overwritable. if not please replace the tapes and try rerunning the backup job. Additionally verify the overwrite protection being applied to the tapes the media set that is being applied to the tapes may be what is preventing your writting to them 

http://www.symantec.com/docs/HOWTO73312

pkh
   VIP    Certified

To get rid of this error, you got to have tapes in your targeted media set which are overwritable BEFORE the job starts.