cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

install failed with error code 1603

zak2011
Level 6

Hi,

When taking image backups i am getting the particular error. Even the Full Image backups doesnt work.

Image Backups-Incremental Image Backups-Daily -- The job failed with the following error: Incremental\\Differential backup methods are not supported for this VM. The backup job failed, since the option 'to fall back to a full backup' was not selected.

I logged a case with Symantec support and they said each VM should have an agent installed whether you need to take a GRT backup or just an image backup. Secondly they said all VMs must have hardware version7 inorder to do an incremental backup inorder to allow change block tracking feature within VMware.

As a first step I am trying to push the RAWS agent to each VM. While installing agents on some  VMs i am getting the following error

'install failed with error code 1603'

I checked firewall settings and they are disabled.

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi zak,

Make sure that any AV running on those servers is stopped and disabled and try again.

If this doesn't work, try a manual install of the RAWS agent:

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH30491

Thanks!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

CraigV

Hi zak,

Make sure that any AV running on those servers is stopped and disabled and try again.

If this doesn't work, try a manual install of the RAWS agent:

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH30491

Thanks!

zak2011
Level 6

Hi Craig,

I tried disabling  the AV and also tried doing a silent install as per the document. When i install the agent, the Setup.exe process appears in the Task Manager process for a few seconds and dissapears. Doesnt seem to be get installed.

Thanks!

CraigV

...and the account you're using for the installation has admin rights locally on the servers in question, right?

zak2011
Level 6

Tried running the windows cleanup utlity and there was a previous installation  hidden which was not showing up which was causing the installation to fail. Once the cleanup ulity removed the previous symantec backup agent, i tried installing the BE2012 agent manually and it worked.

Thanks for the tips Craig it helped!