cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

is it possible to hide backup jobs and the content of the folders?

S_Houbertz
Not applicable

Hi all....
maybe there is a easy solution - but I havent found yet.
At the moment we have one backup job per night.
We have to split and hide some folders (financial and HR) for the users which are responsible for the backup.

e.g.
"folder1" - access only "user1"
"folder2" - access only "user2"

At the moment user2 can see the content of folder1 in admin console of backup exec - on windows filesystem he has no access.
Ho do we have to setup the backups to ensure, that user2 is only available to see the content of his folders and his backup jobs.

I have tried already some settings and also checked google and symantec community - without result ..

Who can help me?

Backup Exec 2010V13.0
Server 2003R2 Standard
Remote Agent

Hope someone can help...

Thanks

cheers

Stephan

2 REPLIES 2

Kiran_Bandi
Level 6
Partner Accredited

can see the content of folder1 in admin console of backup exec..

Folder in the administration console? Are you speaking about a folder in the selctions window?

Ho do we have to setup the backups to ensure, that user2 is only available to see the content of his folders and his backup jobs.

I don't think this can be done. If an user is able to open administration console of BE, he can see all the backup jobs configured with BE.

Regards...

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified

At this current time Role Based Access Control is not a feature of Backup Exec - although is being considered for future versions

As such if you reaaly must split who can see what then at this current time you might have to use a second Backup Server