cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

is it safe to recover my Server using Symantec backup Exc – version 8.5.1

a_sayed
Level 2
hello all, i am new to the forums and have 1 small question, I have windows server 2003
I backup it ever day using Symantec backup Exc – version 8.5.1 , to an external hard drive
now My main server got fucked up some how, and sadly cant login using my Administrator account any more and cant log in it using any account.
so I picked off the external HD , connected it to another server I have, installed the Symantec backup Exc – version 8.5.1 on it and then then picked off the HD of the Main server and connected it as a slave on the second server and now i can recover the whole the partion to before all this event.
my question is , is it safe to do this ? any 1 tried this before?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

CarolineKiel
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
Hi,
the best way to recover your Server would be just to boot it from the Symantec Recovery Disc that shipped with your copy of BESR 8.5.1 (You can also download it from https://fileconnect.symantec.com/ after entering your serial no.
If you booted the machine from this disc, you can plug in your external HDD and go to "Recover my PC", tell him where to find the image (on the external HDD) and start  the restore.

All the best from Berlin/Germany,

Oliver
Save the Earth, it's the only planet with chocolate.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

CarolineKiel
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
Hi,
the best way to recover your Server would be just to boot it from the Symantec Recovery Disc that shipped with your copy of BESR 8.5.1 (You can also download it from https://fileconnect.symantec.com/ after entering your serial no.
If you booted the machine from this disc, you can plug in your external HDD and go to "Recover my PC", tell him where to find the image (on the external HDD) and start  the restore.

All the best from Berlin/Germany,

Oliver
Save the Earth, it's the only planet with chocolate.

a_sayed
Level 2
ok, ty , i am gonna try this way