cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

job engine not starting after reboot.

Ryan_Keen
Level 2
Hi, Customers Server has 10.0.5520 installed; after a reboot the Job Engine will not start auto. you have to go to services and start it manually. I have checked it has all the latest updates, etc. Suggestions are welcome.

Ry
6 REPLIES 6

Keith_Langmead
Level 6
Have you checked the event log to see what if any errors are being generated when the system tries to start the service during the boot process?

Ryan_Keen
Level 2
Thats the odd bit nothing is reported. I have just spoken to 5 other customers all with the same thing.
All Run Backup exec 10, All have Dell 1600sc / 2800 All windows 2003.

Ryland_Deakin
Level 3
I've come accross this problem before ages ago, and found that the service didnt start because other relevant services hadnt started yet. 1 way round it is to have a script to run on startup to start the service, and then put a decent size pause in the script to allow the other services to start first. I also think there is a way to change the priority/way services load up, but I cant remember how you do that or if its still possible on the 2003 server.

If its another problem, then you will need to post any event viewer details and other relevant info you have which might give us all some more ideas :)

Sanjay_Raval
Level 6
Certified
Check following technote to Repair BE installation and check the performance

Repairing Backup Exec 9.x and 10.x for Windows Servers.

http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/253199.htm

Ryan_Keen
Level 2
Hi everyone, Still got the same issue... I have even removed BE cleaned reg and reinstalled with version 11 still same issue... I think it has something to do with SOPHOS on the same server and its database... any ideas?

Ry

Sanjay_Raval
Level 6
Certified
Do you mean, you are using real time virus scan using sophos? than Exclude the veritas installation directory not to scan and check..