cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

job never ends

asprofridis
Level 2
Hi all, I have backup exec 2010 r3 sp4 with latest patches installed on a physical windows 2008 server with an ibm ds3200 storage attached. I am trying to backup a fileserver which is vm windows 2008 r2 on an esxi 5.5. The job is full backup on a backup to disk folder on the storage. The job hungs on random moments without an error or something staying on "running status" . I ve tried to uninstall and reinstall the agent but with same results. Any suggestions would be more than welcomed...
3 REPLIES 3

pkh
   VIP    Certified
BE 2010 does not support ESX 5.5. See the SCL below http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH137682 You need to upgrade to either BE 2014 or BE 15. Your existing license keys will not work with these versions. You need a new set of keys. The upgrade is free if you are on a current maintenance contract

asprofridis
Level 2
Thx pkh for your reply, Just to mention that i dont backup the whole vm but only a shared folder via an agent installed directly on the server . Does backup exec 2010 supports this configuration?

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

If you are backing up the VM as a physical server using the remote agent, then it is fine and supported.

Does the backup of only this server hang ?

If running any AV, set it to exclude from scanning the BE process.

Do enable Advanced Open File option for the backup job and set it to use the Microsoft Shadow Copy provider.

Check the event viewer of the file server as well for any relevant events during the backup.