cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

job status "Ready:No Idle Devices are available"

Dastagiri_Reddy
Level 3

Hi Folks,

I am new to Symantec Backup.We are using only one storage device .we have created arround 15 jobs.

But here my problem is i tried to run one backup job its running successfully but when i tried to run remaining backup jobs in the job status its saying that "Ready, No Idle Devices are available".In the storage properties concurrent write sessions was set to 1.

Is it possible to run all backup jobs at a time(simultaneously).If there please let me know the best way.

Please help me with this .

Thanks

7 REPLIES 7

William_Donigan
Level 4
Employee

Hello,

When the concurrent write sessions are set to 1 you will only be able to run one job to that device at one time. Once the device becomes idle again after the job completes the next job will start. If you would like to run multiple backup jobs at one time you can set the concurrent write sessions to a higher number up to 16. Setting up more than 1 concurrent write sessions can affect performance; I would suggest that you run tests and slowly increment the number of concurrent write sessions until find the best possible results for your environment.

Dastagiri_Reddy
Level 3

Hi William,

Thanks for your response ...!

I tried with the above solution .But here i have one more issue .

The issue is i have run one backup job its ran and backedup almost 45% data but after that the backup job has been cancelled automatically.The following error has been encountered.

Job ended: Thursday, February 20, 2014 at 12:04:57 PM

Completed status: Canceled, timed out
The job was automatically canceled because it exceeded the job's maximum configured run time.

Please find the following attached screenshot for reference.

Please help me with this this

Thanks

Dastagiri_Reddy
Level 3

Hi Folks,

Can any one help me with the following issue.

When i tried to run a backup job the backup job status is missed and the following error has been encountered.

The server was unable to complete the requested operation.

Unknown reason 2.

BEMSDK Failure Code: 2:X8

Error: 2:The job log for this job may not be generated

Please help me ...

Thanks

Ananya_Bhattach
Level 5
Employee Accredited Certified

The error is generated because the job log doesn't exist due to the job being missed.

I request you to create two new threads for these issues
  • The job was automatically canceled because it exceeded the job's maximum configured run time
  • Missed backups

William_Donigan
Level 4
Employee

In Backup Exec 2010 check the "Priority and Availability" options for the job and the global setting for "Priority and Availability". Verify that the availability window and the enable automatic cancellation for selection list are set appropriately.

In Backup Exec 2012 check the Schedule options for the backup job and the global settings to see if “Cancel the job if it is still running…” is selected.

Dastagiri_Reddy
Level 3

Hi William,

I have already checked what you said.But no luck

Any another possible ways to get success...

Thanks

William_Donigan
Level 4
Employee

If the jobs are within the priority window and enable automatic cancellation is disabled than it may be an issue with the job itself.

Recreate the Job and run the backup by itself and see if the same error occurs. If the same error does occur please open a support case with us; you can find the contact information here -"http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=contactsupport&key=15047"