Highlighted

jobs fail, different error messages, what is going on?

Windows Server 2003 SP2 Pent.4 2.53GHz 1GB Ram Backup Exec 11d Since Dec 13 2008, our backups have been failing only a few have worked, These are most of the error messages that are received: Backup Exec Service not responding: e00081d9 Backup Media Errors: e00084e9 Job was scheduled to run but the availablility window closed: e000e020 Other errors: 8000ffff - Catastrophic failure Resource Errors: e000fe09 The last scheduled backup that was running ran for almost 3 days and had to be canceled I have tried manual backups and tried restarting all services. I downloaded the hotfixes in hopes it would solve our problem the following are installed: Service Pack 3 Hotfix: 35, 36, 38, 39 Hotfix 47 and later would not install, and displayed error messages ...any help would be greatly appreciated, I have been pulling my hair out over this.
4 Replies

Re: jobs fail, different error messages, what is going on?

What was the error  installing SP3?

SP3 was already installed before I started

I just noticed that with all the backup services stopped the server's CPU is running at 100%

I'm going to look further into this and see if that's the issue, if it's not then I'll try installing the hotfixes again and post the errors

looks like my problems are related to Symantes Endpoint protection,

https://forums.symantec.com/syment/board/message?board.id=endpoint_protection11&thread.id=1347&view=...

I am unsuprised really...

I seem to have more headaches with the symantec software than any virus or data loss situation has ever given me

yah

you should have seen the reactions here on the boards when the sale of BackupExec from Veritas to Symantec was anounced Smiley Surprised Smiley Mad