cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

jobs fail, different error messages, what is going on?

zombie_funk
Level 2
Windows Server 2003 SP2 Pent.4 2.53GHz 1GB Ram Backup Exec 11d Since Dec 13 2008, our backups have been failing only a few have worked, These are most of the error messages that are received: Backup Exec Service not responding: e00081d9 Backup Media Errors: e00084e9 Job was scheduled to run but the availablility window closed: e000e020 Other errors: 8000ffff - Catastrophic failure Resource Errors: e000fe09 The last scheduled backup that was running ran for almost 3 days and had to be canceled I have tried manual backups and tried restarting all services. I downloaded the hotfixes in hopes it would solve our problem the following are installed: Service Pack 3 Hotfix: 35, 36, 38, 39 Hotfix 47 and later would not install, and displayed error messages ...any help would be greatly appreciated, I have been pulling my hair out over this.
4 REPLIES 4

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
What was the error  installing SP3?

zombie_funk
Level 2

SP3 was already installed before I started

I just noticed that with all the backup services stopped the server's CPU is running at 100%

I'm going to look further into this and see if that's the issue, if it's not then I'll try installing the hotfixes again and post the errors

zombie_funk
Level 2

looks like my problems are related to Symantes Endpoint protection,

https://forums.symantec.com/syment/board/message?board.id=endpoint_protection11&thread.id=1347&view=...

I am unsuprised really...

I seem to have more headaches with the symantec software than any virus or data loss situation has ever given me

Ken_Putnam
Level 6

yah

you should have seen the reactions here on the boards when the sale of BackupExec from Veritas to Symantec was anounced Smiley Surprised Smiley Mad