Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

kindly help me on licensing part

roh234
Level 5
Partner Accredited

Hi All,

i have query on VMware V-RAY edition Licensing,i am going through the licesing guide of symantec.

symantec V-RAY Lic Includes the following 

1 backup Exec Server

Agent for application and db for unlimited VM 

deduplication option 

Agent for VM-WARE and Hyper-V,

according to that guide Agent For Window and Agent for Linux is included in Agent for VMWARE and Hyper-V but they also maintained the Agent for Window and Linux to be purchased saparetly,

kindly clear this, can i install the agent for window seperalty or Agent for VMware will give me the funcnality to Run Agent Assisted backup with out installing the Agent for window 

Or Do i need to pay for the Agent for window 

Regards

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

pkh
   VIP    Certified
When a host is licensed for either Hyper-V or VMware, you can load AWS/RALUS on any number of VM's that are hosted on the licensed host. This is regardless of whether you are having V-Ray or not. What the guide is referring to is when you want to backup a physical machine. You then need to buy either a RALUS or AWS license for the physical machine to be backed up

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

pkh
   VIP    Certified
When a host is licensed for either Hyper-V or VMware, you can load AWS/RALUS on any number of VM's that are hosted on the licensed host. This is regardless of whether you are having V-Ray or not. What the guide is referring to is when you want to backup a physical machine. You then need to buy either a RALUS or AWS license for the physical machine to be backed up