cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

local SQL Express DB

anyone
Level 3

Hi

I installed BE 2010 on a server in one of our branch offices. For the database I chose the local SQL Express instance.
When I want to backup this SQL Express instance with BE, it tells me I need a license. Does this mean I need an license for a SQL agent for the local SQL Express database that is only used by BE? Is this new in BE 2010?
Would it be possible to create a DB dump with a tool like Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio Express and backup only this dump?

Thanks for the help.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

RahulG
Level 6
Employee
To backup Any Sql database you need a Sql License.. But anyways your Backup exec Sql database is backed up every day when the database maintainance run( ie by default at 4 am ) .The dump of the database is  created a(bak file in the Data folder  )

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

anyone
Level 3

Thanks for the hint about the bak file in the Data folder.
That's completely enough for me.

AmolB
Employee Accredited Certified

You may simply uncheck the SQL instance of BE  from the selection list of the backup job, as Rahul mentioned that Backup Exec runs the database maintenance everyday at 4am. So there is no need to backup the SQL instance through backup exec.

RahulG
Level 6
Employee
To backup Any Sql database you need a Sql License.. But anyways your Backup exec Sql database is backed up every day when the database maintainance run( ie by default at 4 am ) .The dump of the database is  created a(bak file in the Data folder  )

RahulG
Level 6
Employee
Please Mark the post as resolved if it has answered your query.. Cheers!!!