cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

locate licenses

jens_kleinhans
Level 3
hello,

how can i locate how many rant licenses i have got on the BE Server.

my aim is, to locate how mandy rant licenses i got, to buy or not buy new licensens for the new servers.

greetings jens
3 REPLIES 3

Rucha_Abhyankar
Level 6
Hello,

All the serial number or licence related information is saved in a XML file called "besernum.xml". It is located by default in C:\ WINNT or on Windows 2003 systems in C:\ WINDOWS folder.

Hope this helps!

==================

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.

Dennis_Stratman
Level 4
If your desire is the know what quantity of RANT licenses you purchased then you should go to your reseller and following the paper trail through. The XML file mentioned above does not give you quantities, just which options. You also cannot see the quantity from the Help> About >License Information in BE.

This may be a long road before you get to the desired information. We just finished upgrading and to get the serial numbers was quite a arduous process. It involved several contacts with Veritas Tech support and their website.

Gauri_Ketkar
Level 6
Hi

For detailed information on licensing please contact our sales department. Please refer to the following links:

http://www.veritas.com/contactus/listing/LocationList.jhtml?locationId=0&st>
(in US)

<> (international)

Update us on the same and revert for any further Query
Hope this will help you

Thank you
Gauri

Additional Information :
For information on the recent VERITAS Backup Exec security vulnerabilities, including links to the downloads for the necessary hotfixes, please refer to the following document:
Patch summary for Security Advisories VX05-001, VX05-002, VX05-003, VX05-005, VX05-006, VX05-007

http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/277429.htm

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked "assumed answered" and would be moved to "answered questions" pool.