cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

logon account cannot choose user credential in job symantec backup exec 2014

RIDHO07
Level 4

dear, 

credentials job symantec BE 2014 cannot choose. because i will different logon account.

where is problem?

1_0.PNG

thank you 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

You don't need a different account for ever resource. If you assign the BESA (BE Service Account) the correct rights as per my TN then 1 account will do it all. this is true of servers on a domain. Servers on a workgroup will need a local admin account created, and this needs to be created within BE and assigned to a resource like SQL etc.

But for all intents and purposes, a domain admin account with appropriate application rights will be enough.
Thanks!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

This is by design. One will be able to set the logon account only at the server level. And in this case, the account which you set at the top level i.e. TCAPP, that is the same account which will be used for its resources such as C:\, System State, SQL.

CraigV

...you have a domain, so use a domain account with rights as laid out in the TN below:

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH23689

The account must be a Domain Admin at a minimum with rights to the applications you run as well.

Then use BEutility.exe to change the BE service account to the account you created, and try again.

Thanks!

RIDHO07
Level 4

VJware : if i  want to use a different account in each resource? how can i do?

CraigV :  what are BEutility.exe can use a different account in each resource? I afraid there are other changes in my configuration.

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

In BE 2014, there isn't any other way. It's one account per server.

CraigV

You don't need a different account for ever resource. If you assign the BESA (BE Service Account) the correct rights as per my TN then 1 account will do it all. this is true of servers on a domain. Servers on a workgroup will need a local admin account created, and this needs to be created within BE and assigned to a resource like SQL etc.

But for all intents and purposes, a domain admin account with appropriate application rights will be enough.
Thanks!