cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

madia set changing

nnn
Level 4

Hi,

is it possible that SBE 2010 r3 somehow change to different media set by it self, because I was suprised then I saw different media set for some medias? could this be the case?

thanks 

5 REPLIES 5

Kiran_Bandi
Level 6
Partner Accredited

is it possible that SBE 2010 r3 somehow change to different media set by it self

No. jobs configured to use a media set will use the same till a manual change in the configuration.

The policy you attached is the default policy with backup and duplicate templates and configured to use Keep data for 4 Weeks media set. You can customize the policy in the way you like. 

nnn
Level 4

thank you,

the problem is that after I add media to tape streamer I have in inventorize that tape. And if job is runing I have to cance it, is it I missed something?

Kiran_Bandi
Level 6
Partner Accredited

i didn't misunderstood your post here.

You mean to say, you are unable to inventory a tape till you cancel a running backup/restore job ??

Do you have only one tape drive configured with BE?

During inventory operation tape will be loaded into the tape drive for BE to read the media label. As your other drive is already in use with the backup job, inventory job will not run till it gets completed or cancelled.

And cancelliing a running job will not have any effect on media set and job linking.

nnn
Level 4

We have HP 1x8 autoloader and I found that in Devices slot Media set for one media is "2 weeks" and in Media location Online media I found Media set to "1 month" I mean media sets in these locations are different. How in these locations Media Set could be different?

thank you 

pkh
   VIP    Certified

It could be that your BEDB is corrupted.  Go to the BE installation directory and use BEUtility to repair the BEDB.