cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

manual IDR VS backup sets

Information_Sys
Level 3
Hi everyone !

we are testing IDR with Backup Exec for Windows 2003 version 10d but for some reason our latest system state backup of that server is not good.
So we decided to go with manual option of IDR to restore an older system state backup and when target server is ready "Waiting for JOB to start" we send a restore system state job from the media server but target server state is always saying "Waiting for JOB to start" then job fails on media server.

error message is : Final error: 0xe000848c - Unable to attach to a resource. Make sure that all selected resources exist and are online, and then try again.

If we use fully automated restore with latest dr file that refers to our latest system state backup, the restore is successfull but then ASR returns an error and when system is rebooted, Windows 2003 restart process is looping.

My question is: HOW does manual IDR works if we want to choose a previous system state backup set knowing that the latest DR file is refering to a bad backup?

thank you
1 REPLY 1

Shilpa_pawar_2
Level 6
Hi,

Since you have selected manual recovery you are prompted to provide your own recovery media to restore i.e. "I will Provide My Own Media to Restore ".
In this case wizard displays waiting for job as you need to start the restore job manually from the media server.
Please do the following steps.
1. If you selected the option I will provide my own restore media, then on the navigation bar on the media server, click Restore, and on the Restore Job Properties dialog box, select the backup set to restore ( Here you can select the data from the tape,that can be a tape other than the one IDR diskette points to and has the backup of your data)
2. Make sure to select the System State from the backup set or IDR process will fail.
3. In the Properties pane, under Source, click Resource Credentials, and change the Backup Exec logon account to the Temporary IDR User logon account .
4.Click to run now to submit the job.
5.Also please refer the following links http://support.veritas.com/docs/257160 and http://support.veritas.com/docs/263176

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked "assumed answered" and would be moved to "answered questions" pool.