cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

many servers, 1 tape

ANDRESJC78
Not applicable

How i do copy many servers with 1 tape. veritas 2012. I see jobs but how i do...

3 REPLIES 3

pkh
   VIP    Certified

Sorry. I did not see your comment on my article earlier.

When you write to tape, you would want to maximise the use of the tape space.  Normally, the first tape would overwrite the tape and then the rest of the jobs would append to the tape.  You run the jobs one after another.  The jobs will target the tape drive.

If you are talking about duplicating your backs, I have written an article on this subject and it should be published in a few days time.

Sush---
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

You may also try the solution provided in this technote to see if that helps till the next release is out:

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH189306 : How to back up multiple servers to a single series of tapes in Backup Exec 2012

Thanks,

-Sush...

aharte
Level 3

Andre, critical point in that article if you are using a tape library do not select it as the target, select the tape drive device.  Which will allow you to write to single tape provding your append periods are long enough.

I am still having issues but it is slightly better than it was.  My current issues are with duplication jobs to tape just not running at all, with no failure logs, events or alarms.  When I look in the jobs some of the servers with the issue have somewhow set their schedule to run now which isn't even a selectable option????????. 

If I had a choice or the time before go live we would not be deploying this buggy piece of ****.