cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 

maunual uninstall

berger
Not applicable
Partner
I had the system drive on my Windows 2003 server run out of space. I immediately cleaned up the drive, this was caused by another application logging. Once I cleaned up the drive the next day I began to have issues starting the SQL service for Backup Exec. I attempted to run a repair of backup exec and that failed. At that point I decided to uninstall and reinstall and this is where the real fun began. Backup Exec partially uninstalled, the program would still open but the services were gone. SQL Express was completly hosed up at this point and would not work at all. I attempted to reinstall backup exec and that install failed. So I left it for a day and then my Exchange queues began to fill up and the Exchange services were hung up. The only solution was to reboot the server and this brought exchange back up. This happened everyday for 4 days. I finally used the Windows installer cleanup utility and the server is now somewhat stable. However, I can't install backup exec. I need to know how to completly remove backup exec version 12 so I can attempt to reinstall. Please help!!!!! I am only getting NT backups right now and am getting nervous.....
0 REPLIES 0