cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

media set(B2D) problem

yll
Level 2
I doing a backup job from server A straight store the data to server B's hard disk, but try many times also fail. Anyone know why the media set(B2D) going to offline? Below is the error msg and also try search solution from symantec, but can't work.

Media Check
Online media check : Insufficient online or nearline media is available to start job.Overwrite media check: There is no media online or nearline that can be overwritten or the job has been marked append/terminate.Media check status : Failed

can somebody help me?
6 REPLIES 6

yll
Level 2
I doing a backup job from server A straight store the data to server B's hard disk, but try many times also fail. Anyone know why the media set(B2D) going to offline? Below is the error msg and also try search solution from symantec, but can't work.

Media Check
Online media check : Insufficient online or nearline media is available to start job.Overwrite media check: There is no media online or nearline that can be overwritten or the job has been marked append/terminate.Media check status : Failed

can somebody help me?

RahulG
Level 6
Employee

The backup to disk folder which yu have created is on server B , so is server B you r media server . If it is not a media server you need to check the connectivity between the servers. The backup to disk folder may go offline because of that

yll
Level 2
can u let me know how to check the connectivity between the server??
i m a newbie and not much experiences on backup exec.....

kkate
Level 5
Accredited
To check connectivity just enter the path in run window i.e. for example '\\xxx.xxxx.xxxx.xxx\test' and enter.

you should get that folder open. If it's not then you have to see whether your other server is online in network, is power on etc.I tink this is sufficient,  yes rahul.

Regards
KK

RahulG
Level 6
Employee
Try copying some fies over gig from the medi server to the server where you have the b2d ... see if it copies the file
try connecting to the backup to disk folder using the unc path .
make sure when you created the backup to disk folder you entered the complete path for the backup to disk and not just  the share name .

kkate
Level 5
Accredited
Hi,

PLease let me for any furhter queries.

Regards
KK