cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

method removing BE

zakarione
Level 3
Hi everyone, and sorry foe my english

I will reinstall BE and DLO but i want to know if there is something special before doing a simple removing from " add / remove programs ".
I have DLO Clients and if it's possible i wich to save there configuration

5 REPLIES 5

Dev_T
Level 6
Hello,

You can save the entire Backup Exec configuration including DLO database.

1  : Stop all the BE services and the SQL service for BE
2  : Go to C:\prog. files\symantec\backup Exec and copy the DATA and the CATALOGS folder on a different location
       (This is the backup of our backup exec configuration)
3  : Start the SQL Service only and uninstall BE through Add/Remove Program, do  not forget to uninstall the SQL instance for BE
4  : Reboot the server and install BE again

Post installation
1  : Stop all the BE services and the SQL service for BE
2  : Go to C:\prog. files\symantec\backup Exec and renamr the DATA and the CATALOGS folder to .OLD
3  : Copy the DATA and CATALOGS folder from the different location.
4  : Start the SQL service 1st and then BE services.

Hope this helps.....

sksujeet
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

If you don't need anything from the database then you can removet it from add remove programs and that will do it. If it gives any problem while removing then use windows clean up utility to clean it.

But as you said you want to save the dlo configuration then please do the below steps
1>stop all the Be services
2>Stop the bkupexec(sql) service
3>copy the bedb_dlo.mdf and bdeb_dlo.ldf from c:\program files\symantec\backup exec\data
In this case we have copied the dlo configuration in case you want to migrate the same to different setup
You can copy the complete data folder if you want to save the complete database and want to migrate the job history and job as well. In that case you need not to create them again.

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited
If it is a case of a complete uninstall, you only need to do the first 4 steps of Dev T's process.
And if you run into errors, go according to Symantec's steps to manually uninstall BE:

http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/287320.htm

AmolB
Employee Accredited Certified
If you are not able to uninstall BE from add/remove programs then refer to the below link to remove BE manually.

http://support.veritas.com/docs/287320

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited
Duplicate posting...!