cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

microsoft exchange mailboxes missing

douglas1
Not applicable
On my new server in selections Microsoft exchange mailboxes, Microsoft exchange public folders & Microsoft Information store are all missing.
They are there on my old server and are being backed up with no problems.
Both servers are running Windows 2003 server, and Exec 9.1.
Both servers are using the same logon account for the resource credentials when loging into the Exchange server .

Another difference is on the new server the exchange server's C: drive is greyed out and when I try to click on it I get the below note

Selection of the item is disabled. You are not authorized to access this item, a license key for Backup Exec Remote Agent for Windows Servers is not installed on this machine, or the Remote Agent is old or incompatible 

Please advise
thanks

2 REPLIES 2

Hemant_Jain
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified
It appears to be an issue with license. Please make sure you have added all the serial numbers required for backup. You would need to add license for Agent for Exchange in order to backup Exchagne databases and also file system of Exchange server. You can go to tools-> "serial numbers and installation" and through the wizard you can add the license. If it is already added, consider removing and re-adding it.

Please mark it a solution, if this is useful.
Thanks

Matt_Alexander
Level 5
Did Hemant Jain's response solve your issue douglas1? The only KB article I could find with that error message reffered to accessing a remote server (http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/255174.htm).