cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

module failed to load?

Dave_Fortin
Level 4
"first load attempt of esebcli2.dll failed: The specified module could not be found."

Is this something I should be worrying about?

I put the remote agent in debug mode and this is in the very first part of the log. Perhaps this is what is causing my communications failures on this server?

I looked at the knowledge base and found that this might be part of the exchange agent? However, this is not an exchange server and I am not using the exchange agent to back it up...

In addition, the backup job seems to be getting all of the data on the server, but it still says the job is failing. If I run the job when I get into the office in the morning, it works fine and gets a successful backup...only at night during our backup window does it fail.

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Dave

Message was edited by:
Dave FortinMessage was edited by:
Dave Fortin
10 REPLIES 10

Renuka_-
Level 6
Employee
Hello,
Please state the exact error meesage and error code that you are getting. Also please tell us what resources you are backing up and other relevant information.

Additional Information :
For information on the recent VERITAS Backup Exec security vulnerabilities, including links to the downloads for the necessary hotfixes, please refer to the following document:
Patch summary for Security Advisories VX05-001, VX05-002, VX05-003, VX05-005, VX05-006, VX05-007

http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/277429.htm

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answeredand would be moved toanswered questions pool.

Dave_Fortin
Level 4
The message code is:

Completed status: Failed
Final error: 0xa00084f9 - A communications failure has occurred between the Backup Exec job engine and the remote agent.

Final error category: Resource Errors

Also, the server I'm backing up is just a basic file server. Various department files, shadow copy components, utility partition, etc...

here is the error in the job log.

A communications failure occurred on the backup device
Network control connection is established between 159.105.21.88:4004 <--> 159.105.228.210:10000
Network data connection is established between 159.105.21.88:4002 <--> 159.105.228.210:4000

Hope this helps...

Dave_Fortin
Level 4
Also, the failures are somewhat intermittent. They fail more often than they succeed, though.

The backup succeeded last night, so I took the log from putting the agent in debug mode and I am thinking it will fail this evening. Therefore I will be able to compare logs...

I'm not sure what I should be looking for in the logs though. they tend to be about 5MB .txt files. It's going to be a long day tomorrow... :(

Amruta_Bhide
Level 6
Hello Dave,
To start with you can go through the following Articles:
"A communications failure has occurred between the Backup Exec job engine and the remote agent" (a00084f9 HEX or e00084f9 HEX) is reported in the job log while performing a backup of a remote computer.
http://support.veritas.com/docs/256120

The error "Communications failure has occurred between job engine and the remote agent" is returned when backing up remote systems after applying Service Pack 2 for XP on an XP workstation hosting Backup Exec.
http://support.veritas.com/docs/273865

"A communications failure has occurred between the Backup Exec job engine and the remote agent" (a00084f9 HEX or e00084f9 HEX) is reported when a backup job fails
http://support.veritas.com/docs/266181

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Let us know if that helps.

Note : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked ‘assumed answered’ and would be moved to ‘answered questions’ pool.

Thanks.

Dave_Fortin
Level 4
Well, I was hoping that the job would rreport a failure as it usually does, but the backup worked flawlessly last night without any changes from me... I will look into the articles you posted in the last post and let you know if it resolves anything.

Thanks
Dave

Dave_Fortin
Level 4
One of the things I did that might have affected the positive result last night was:

in the default settings of backups I told the console to use the specific route and IP address...as it says in the first article in your post. I will let you know if there are any other failures...

I will also check the other artticle.

Dave_Fortin
Level 4
Thje other two articles do not apply to me as I am not using windows XP for either the server agent nor the remote agent, and all of the services are running as they should.

Amruta_Purandar
Level 6
Hello,

Have there been any more failures? Are the backups now working?

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.

Dave_Fortin
Level 4
Now it's a different server that is failing...AAAARRRRGH!

Anyhoo, I think that the problem might be that there is a bad disk in our RAID array. I noticed in the event viewer that we were getting tons of errors from one of the disks...something about LBA's. I am going to replace it this week, as soon as the guy with the P-card gets back from his long weekend.

I will keep you posted.

Thanks for your help,
Dave

Ajit_Kulkarni
Level 6
Hello Dave,

Thank you for the update. Awaiting results.

Regards