cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

more jobs at the same time on tape

GregorD
Level 2

Hello

i want to use veritas backup exec with option ndmp to backup to tape. I have netapp and tape library with 4 drives. netapp and tape library is connected over FC. I want to license another 3 drives in tape library so all 4 drives are licensed.

is it now possible that i run 4 jobs in veritas at the same time and each job used different drive.  Is multistream supporting?

thanks for answers.

3 REPLIES 3

Larry_Fine
   VIP   

Yes, you can run 4 jobs at the same time, using different sources and targets.

No, Backup Exec does not support multistreaming so you cannot have one backup job using 4 target tape drives.

thank you, i allready found out that i have when i create job i have to choice the specific drive and not the library ? is this normally? or is there some option that veritas choice the drive which is not used?

i was thinking when i choice under storage the library ,jobs will running and know that there are drive which can be used.

Larry_Fine
   VIP   

When you create or edit a backup job, you should be able to select any discovered/available tape drive, robotic library, or storage pool.  You can select a specific robotic library or a specific tape drive within that library.