cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mutli tape backup 10d

Bkeith
Level 3
Hello,
I run a daily incremental using 10d and full back up every friday. our data usually fits on one tape. however on last friday the data exceeded the tape volume and today it prompted me to insert a second media. so 99% of data was backed up on media 1 and 1% on media 2. a user has asked for a file that was last changed on friday (before the back up took place. will the restore job restore fridays data? or does it depend on when the data was written to the tape?

Keith

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

shirmal
Level 5
Hi Keith,
From what you describe you'd most likely be looking for Thursday incremental, unless you did an incremental before the Full on Friday.  Also depends how many tapes your using and how the data is overwritten.  I would say start from Friday and work backwards on incremental until you find the most recent 'good' file.
Hope this helps

---Cheers

shirmal

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

shirmal
Level 5
Hi Keith,
From what you describe you'd most likely be looking for Thursday incremental, unless you did an incremental before the Full on Friday.  Also depends how many tapes your using and how the data is overwritten.  I would say start from Friday and work backwards on incremental until you find the most recent 'good' file.
Hope this helps

---Cheers

shirmal