cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

neeck to backup internal configuration

postmaster2
Not applicable
Hi

I am having some issues with the backup exec server, I want to format c:\ drive and reinstall windows 2003, I dont want to lose all the backup exec catalogs and the jobs configuration and setup, what can i do to get a backup of the entire program?

If i format the computer and reinstall bacup exec 12.5 and then restore the configuration, will everything be the same as before? or are there any changes that have to be done again

Thanks Enrique
5 REPLIES 5

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified
Shutdown the Backup Exec Services
Backup The Catalogs folder and the data Folder (the data folder contains the BEDB.LDF, MDF etc (and a BAK file that by default is created every night)

As long as Backup Exec is re-installed to same locations and to a server with the same name this shoudl be enough.

Note you can install to different disk locations but will have some minor issues.

If you change server name - you will have to change the servername inside the database after restoring it.

Colin_Weaver
Note - In My above answer - it only covers the BackuP Exec core product - if you are running DLO or CPS then there are potentially a lot more areas of concern.

Colin_Weaver
Oh and make sure if you use Backup to Disk files that you back that location up also

M_Abdelaleem
Level 3
Partner
you can use the backup exec utility under backup exec installation folder to copy th datebase and you can copy the catalog files to different location and after the installation you can relocate it to the original location and restart the services .

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
To expand on Colin's response, see http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/307764.htm