cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

need to deploy backup on a new workstation

HolyRoyal
Level 5
Partner Accredited

I made a full backup of machine,need to deploy this backup on another machine,if possible tell me how do it step be step .hardware will be new.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

From the Backup & Restore tab, select the machine whose backup was taken... Right-click & choose Restore, or highlight the machine & choose Restore - Restore Files & Folder data... There is an option then to redirect the restore to another machine & here you specify the target (ensure this machine has the remote agent installed)...choose the appropriate data + other options as desired for the restore.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Ashish-Sharma
Level 6
Accredited

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

...don't post for the sake of posting! Your post has nothing to do with the original request!

VJware
Level 6

As I understand, you would like to restore the backup to a new machine with a different hardware.. Was this backup SDR (Simplified Disaster Recovery) enabled as SDR backups can be restored to a different hardware... Or are you considering restoring only user data to another machine ?

HolyRoyal
Level 5
Partner Accredited

Only user data,man.

Jaydeep_S
Level 6

User data can be restored to a different machine using File Redirection option in Backup Exec

VJware
Level 6

From the Backup & Restore tab, select the machine whose backup was taken... Right-click & choose Restore, or highlight the machine & choose Restore - Restore Files & Folder data... There is an option then to redirect the restore to another machine & here you specify the target (ensure this machine has the remote agent installed)...choose the appropriate data + other options as desired for the restore.