cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

new to Symantec Backup Exec.. first time setup Using Dell RD1000

reckmann
Not applicable
Hello and thanks all who help as being in the computer field I appreciate where I can find incite and am\answers. Let me say I have a new Dell sc440 2003 Server which will host some apps and store some data but not much else. I have Symantec Endpoint Security and Backup Exec 11. I think I have the initial install going and The console shows me steps but getting past step one Im not sure where to go. I made a backup folder as a destination for continuous backup but was wondering how I see or use the RD100 tape backup.  I formatted the 3 40GB disks I have currently and the Server sees the drive E fine. The terminology and just the newness of it has me lost as I don't want to mess this up as my first server setup endevour. Any tips and suggestions on where to save how to save prgram oddities and such I wan tto figure out what I need to do and repeat it so I can help the customer when they want. Sounds lke ths Symantec product is quite nice and just does what it nees to do with some simple config but id sure I could use all the help. Please advise me where to read up or suesstions or hurdels I wl be back with some answrs and more questions im sure. thanks
Regg
1 REPLY 1

nkapoor
Level 3

I wrote an article for you here with how to set it up.  I hope it works out for you.

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/articles/proper-way-configure-dell-rd100x-symantec-backup-exec

n