cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

no email notification on scheduled jobs

Patrick_King
Level 3
I have a new installation of 11d on an SBS 2K3 R2 Server.  I set up the email notification like all other servers.  The test email notification is perfect, however when the scheduled jobs run, there is no email.  I go directly to the test button for that smae job and it sends fine...  Any thoughts?
8 REPLIES 8

Patty_McGowan
Level 6
Employee
Patrick,

Did you set up the notification in the job?

Patty

Patrick_King
Level 3
yes, I have it set up the same way on about 10 other servers (however this is the first SBS R2).  The notification is setup, in the job, under Source/Selection List Notification and all is checked (person, job log) and also under Settings/Notification.  Even if I go into the properties of the person (in the job setup) and click Test, I get an email.  However, when the job runs "scheduled", I get no email...

Patty_McGowan
Level 6
Employee
In which way is the e-mail configured.

I am not aware of any issues with SBS R2 but I will research it and see if there is any known issues.

Patty

Patrick_King
Level 3
it is set up for SMTP. port 25.  Again, all of the "test" emails go through fine.  But neither of the scheduled jobs send any email.  There is no error message, just no email and the job is completed successful.  Is there a log that might give a clue?

Chris_Sparrow
Level 3
i believe that is the wrong area to setup job notification

you should use settings\notification
not source\notification

ps sometimes if a job fails this will just turn itself off and you will need to
re-select it on...

cheers

Patrick_King
Level 3
Actually, for some reason, there are 2 places in the job setup for notification.
The notification is setup, in the job,
(1) under Source/Selection List Notification and all is checked (person, job log)
(2) also under Settings/Notification
in both area, you select the person and check to send the job log... 
I have it setup this way on about 9 or 10 servers and I get an email every morning from each of those.

PaulD_Rus
Level 4
I had the same problem with mail notification not long time ago in BE10d. At some point after some manipulations in job settings email notification stopped working in the same time test email notification worked perfectly. I resolved the problem as follows: unckecked all ticks in Job>Source>election List Notification and left only Slection List>Source>selection list notification, then I reapplied the latest BE10d SP3. you could try these steps, replacing my "reapply SP3" with your "Add/Remove Programs>Veritas>Repair"

Patrick_King
Level 3
I will be back onsite with this client on Monday 4/30, in the afternoon.  I will try unchecking all, and only checking one.  I will also try the repair or the re-apply of the most recent sp.  Thanks PaulD...