cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

nsert overwritable media into the robotic library using the import command.

shammout1
Level 3

Please insert overwritable media into the robotic library using the import command.

Overwritable media includes scratch, blank, and recyclable media. Please note that depending on the current Media Overwrite Protection setting, imported and allocated media may be overwritable as well. Consult the online help for more information on overwritable media.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

pkh
   VIP    Certified

If you have configured your tape library with a mail or I/O slot, then put an overwritable tape and import it to the targeted partition for your job to use.  Otherwise, cancel the job, make sure that there is sufficient overwritable tapes in the targeted partition BEFORE the start of your job and try again.

To avoid such problems in the future, make sure you have sufficient overwritable tape in your targeted partition BEFORE the start of the job.

I would strongly suggest that you read the tape management section of the Admin Guide.  Also, read this document

http://www.veritas.com/docs/000032654

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

pkh
   VIP    Certified

If you have configured your tape library with a mail or I/O slot, then put an overwritable tape and import it to the targeted partition for your job to use.  Otherwise, cancel the job, make sure that there is sufficient overwritable tapes in the targeted partition BEFORE the start of your job and try again.

To avoid such problems in the future, make sure you have sufficient overwritable tape in your targeted partition BEFORE the start of the job.

I would strongly suggest that you read the tape management section of the Admin Guide.  Also, read this document

http://www.veritas.com/docs/000032654

shammout1
Level 3

This Artical Can Apply On BE 2010

pkh
   VIP    Certified
Yes