cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

odbc error

Deniz_Armagan
Level 4

Hı everyone

we have installed a new backup exec server on new hp gen 8 w2k8 R2 ent. 64 gb memory and attached b2d folder (emc cx4 luns) 4 x 5 tb , emc datadomain 2500 with ddboost , hp store ever 4048 robotic library.

we use this server SQL , Oracle DB and Production pictures backup.

backup job moved setp by step from old server to new server

but I have an error message last 2 days (messages are below)

evet viewer :

Access to catalog index (Catalog index database) failed.
Reason:  [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Cannot find either column "dbo" or the user-defined function or aggregate "dbo.UtcToLocalTime", or the name is ambiguous. CCatRecordSet::Open
r:\maldives\1180r\becat\segodbc\seg_odbc.cpp(1889)
{CALL CATDLM_New_GetExpirableMedia(?,?,?,?,?,?,?)} 

Backup Exec Alert: Catalog Error
(Server: "server name xxx") ODBC access error. Possible lost connection to database or unsuccessful access to catalog index in the database.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Deniz_Armagan
Level 4

hello everyone

My problem has been solved. :)

May be my solution someone helpfully.

I created a support ticket , and support eng.  recommend me "perform a Backup Exec repair installation" and I did.

but,  could not solved my problem.Restart machine 2th. time (1st reboot require after repair install, when server was up restarted second time .)

and stop all backup exec service via backup exec service maganer and applyed "Catrebuildindex -r" command and restart server

and server has been working fine , no odbc error , all expired sets have been delete automaticly.

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Stop all BE services.

Open a cmd and browse to \Program Files\Symantec\Backup Exec. Run the following command

catrebuildindex -r

Restart all BE services once it finishes.

Lastly, is BE 15 updated with Fp2 ?

pkh
   VIP    Certified
FP3 is available https://www.veritas.com/community/forums/announcing-availability-feature-pack-3-fp3-backup-exec-15

Deniz_Armagan
Level 4

fp3 has already installed.

VJware
Level 6

Have you run catrebuildindex -r with the BE services stopped ?

Deniz_Armagan
Level 4

Not yet because some job is still continue I gues my be tomorrow end the job (full backup 2 tb)

when I try to your suggestion I'II write a result.

pkh
   VIP    Certified

You might also want to install this hotfix

http://www.veritas.com/docs/000080733

Deniz_Armagan
Level 4

is fp3 dosen't inclıde this hotfix ?

Deniz_Armagan
Level 4

by the way  Catrebuildindex -r command did not solved my problem is still continue

Reason:  [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Function sequence error CCatRecordSet::GetRecordCount
r:\maldives\1180r\becat\segodbc\seg_odbc.cpp(3629)

Reason:  [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Cannot find either column "dbo" or the user-defined function or aggregate "dbo.UtcToLocalTime", or the name is ambiguous. CCatRecordSet::Open
r:\maldives\1180r\becat\segodbc\seg_odbc.cpp(1889)

pkh
   VIP    Certified
Not sure. You can try applying it

mgmasterv2
Level 6
Partner Accredited

welcome to the club :) i have 3 server with this problem. for me this error happens in CAS-MMS environment where FP3 is installed.

and no catalog -r and symantec patch is not going to fix that issue.

i'm opened a ticket with veritas and waiting for their response.

VJware
Level 6

@Deniz,

We are aware of this issue & are Engg is currently working on this one. Please log a formal support case and if needed, reference Etrack # 3866799.

Deniz_Armagan
Level 4

hello everyone

My problem has been solved. :)

May be my solution someone helpfully.

I created a support ticket , and support eng.  recommend me "perform a Backup Exec repair installation" and I did.

but,  could not solved my problem.Restart machine 2th. time (1st reboot require after repair install, when server was up restarted second time .)

and stop all backup exec service via backup exec service maganer and applyed "Catrebuildindex -r" command and restart server

and server has been working fine , no odbc error , all expired sets have been delete automaticly.