We try to upgrade from 2010 R2 to R3 for our Dell Tape library, the pre install shows 3 warning,
1. one says this machine is a Termial server.
2. one or more devices connected to this comuter are either not connected or not working.
about 4 month ago we had to replace the drive of the library after that we did remove the defect drive and the BE shows only one drive.
3. warning regarding the version, I did run the liveupdate and it says there is no update availble.
how can correct these warnings?
Solved! Go to Solution.
1. I've installed BE on a Terminal Server, including upgrading on servers via TS. It isn't recommended, but it won't stop you doing the upgrade.
2. If you ony have 1 drive, it MIGHT be a legacy entry somewhere that still references that old drive. As long as it isn't a failed HDD/tape drive and is currently still in the media server, you can ignore this.
3. You can't update via LiveUpdate. BE 2010 R3 replaced R2, and if anything, you'd get a warning that BE 15 is out.
...so I assume if you got past the issue below, then that forum query is closed. If so, please mark the relevant thread...
Thank you Craig,
regarding the point 3, then I can just ignor the warning right?
regarding the my pervios Post I would like to know what can goes wrong if instead of the Brows.exe run the setup.exe directly from 1\BE\WinNT\Install\BEx64.
The pre install shows no Error just warnings, I did check the logs and only event I can see that sometimes shows is this event:
The following boot-start or system-start driver(s) failed to load:
I did check the property of the tape drive and shows only the tape ask for a cleanup.
could it this be the reson of second warning.
Yes, it's probably referencing an entry somewhere for this device. If you have a working tape drive, ignore this.
Ignore the warning re. Symantec Antivirus too - this is simply a sales pitch.
Do make sure your media server is fully patched with LiveUpdate before performing the upgrade though, and that you have manual copies of the Data & Catalogs folders before proceeding with the upgrade.
and runing the setup.exe from \BE\WinNT\Install\BEx64 instead of brwoser.exe. except that brwoser.exe chose the right version of the software what negtive things can effect the upgrade?
live update shows this:
did check the live updates and shows no updates availble
What can goes wrong when running the setup.exe instead of browser.exe? I mean we nkow the version of the software is X64.