cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

problem with LTO 5 tapes in bexec 2012 r3

Jes_s_Rojas
Level 3
Partner Accredited

I'm having a problem with a 800GB LTO 5 tapes in bexec 2012 r3, I appear in a closed circle label support and I can not write to them.

the problem is that I have 5 blank tapes in my unit, I can see his ability tells me that are writable, but to run a job on the support group fails.

Annex image

if anyone can help me or tell me, and I read the manual and I can not get to the problem.

6 REPLIES 6

ZeRoC00L
Level 6
Partner Accredited

What kind of library and drive (is it an LTO5 drive ?)  do you have ?
Is it on the HCL ?

Are you using BE2010 R3 or BE2012 ?

Jes_s_Rojas
Level 3
Partner Accredited

Hi Zero, it BE2012R3 SP1,  tape library HP MSL2024, tapes LTO5

ZeRoC00L
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Hi, Sorry, but that version does not exist. It must be 2010R3 or 2012.

The library is also reachable with ethernet, if you connect are you sure there is an LTO5 drive in it?
This library is also available with LTO3/4 drives, these drives cannot read/write LTO5 tapes.

pkh
   VIP    Certified

You should attached a sreeenshot of your tapes with their overwrite expiry dates.

Jes_s_Rojas
Level 3
Partner Accredited

sorry, version is BE2010R3 SP1, LTO5 tapes are placed 3TB, 1.5TB and 800GB, the drive writes work perfectly on the tapes, but the 800 that is to be removed shows me the blue.

Annex a more complete picture

pkh
   VIP    Certified

version is BE2010R3 SP1,

You should update to SP2 and there are a few hotfixes after SP2.

LTO5 tapes are placed 3TB, 1.5TB and 800GB, the drive writes work perfectly on the tapes, but the 800 that is to be removed shows me the blue.

Sorry, but the above does not make sense.  What are all these capacities that you are talking about?

It might be better for you to write in your native language and we will use Google translate.