cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

problem with backup

WTadminX
Level 3

Hi,

seit gestern hab ich das problem, daß mehrere sql-jobs (per agent gesichert) nicht gesichert werden und mit dem folgendem fehler fehlschlagen: 0xe000fe3c - Mit dieser Version von Backup Exec ist der Zugriff auf das Gerät nicht gestattet. Endgültige Fehlerkategorie: Sicherheitsfehler

lizenz ist angebracht, jedeoch in der lizenz-übersicht gibt es keine sql lizenz oder so extra ausgewiesen, weder evaluation noch komplett-lizenz. ich kann aber auch keine lizenz einspilen, denn da kommt eine fehlermedung, daß keine verbindung möglich ist und ich es später probieren soll. seit inbetrieb nahme der sicherung sind ungefähr 2 monate vergangen, klingt also nach der 60 tage evaluation period. nur diese wird in der lizenzübersicht überhaupt nicht angezeigt...

hat wer eine idee was ich da machen kann?

Tommy

engl:

hi,

since yesterday we have problems with our sql-backups (with agents on those servres). they fail with error e000fe3c - Access to the device is not authorized with this edition of Backup Exec. in the license overview there is no expired evaluation license or something like that. but there is also no particular sql agent in that overview. is that the problem?

but if i want to activate a sql license i get a connection error and i should try it later or call the support.

backup-exec version is 2010 on those servers.

does anybody have any idea what should i do?

Tommy

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

pkh
   VIP    Certified

Your screenshot shows that the SQL Agent licence is not installed.  A licence key does not begin with a M.

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12

pkh
   VIP    Certified

To backup SQL databases, you need 1 SQL agent per machine.  Did you install a SQL licence key in the media server?

You can check your licences by going to Help ---> About and click on the Licence Info button.

RahulG
Level 6
Employee

As suggested by Pkh check the license infromation , if there any of the option was installed in evalaution and the evalution period have been expired .

If the SQL agent  license is already installed , Remove the Sql agent license key, complete the licese key install wizard  and  install it again see if that helps

Make sure the you have appropriate Remote agent license key as well .

refer http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH48853

WTadminX
Level 3

i tried to install a license but i get a connection error. i'll try to contact the license support, maybe they can fix that problem that way.

pkh
   VIP    Certified

Make sure that you get the correct version of the licence key for your version of BE.

WTadminX
Level 3

ok, i have now successfully installed the sql license, but when i go to license-overview it doesn't show up. does it take a little bit or should it be displayed immediatly?

RahulG
Level 6
Employee

Just restart the services.. and run a backup job to confirm if it works fine now .

WTadminX
Level 3

so.. i restarted the services and waited for the backup jobs to start (at evening) but they failed again.... i don't know why, but even if the  licenses are installed, the don't apear in the license overview under about >...

i don't get it...

pkh
   VIP    Certified

Go to Tools --> Install licence keys and options ... and see whether you can see your SQL licence keys.  If not, then it has not been entered correctly.

WTadminX
Level 3

one on those Mnumbers is the actual sql license....

RahulG
Level 6
Employee

Checking with the licesing dept or from the licensing portal web if you have correct license key , try to get the license key instead of the serial number . The screenshot which you posted is for the serail key and not the license key

pkh
   VIP    Certified

Your screenshot shows that the SQL Agent licence is not installed.  A licence key does not begin with a M.

WTadminX
Level 3

it was a license problem. thes M numbers had to be transfered into a license key by the licensing center. after entering those license numbers, the backup worked again!