cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

problem with upgrading remote and locally the be agent to 14.2 (log attached) FATAL ERROR 1714

tehmodit
Level 3

hello guys!

after upgrading my backup exec from 14.1 (2014) to 14.2 (2015),

i want upgrade agents, but one of agents in "server 2008 R2 x64", could not upgrade remotely and locally,

when i start installing the agent locally, it so near to get finish (i think 98%), and then i get FATAL ERROR window,

--> FATAL ERROR: Error 1714.The older version of Symantec Backup Exec Remote Agent for Windows cannot be removed. Contact your technical support group.

i attache log file, and veritas quick assist file in here,

please show me how i can update that agent... :(

4 REPLIES 4

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited
Have you tried: 1. Stopping any antivirus installed and then running the upgrade again? 2. Tried a manual installation of the agent on that server? 3. Uninstalling the agent and then running the push-install again? Thanks!

Vdang
Level 4

Check on this article as it may help you with your Fatal Error while installing the Backup exec Agent.

https://www.veritas.com/support/en_US/article.TECH34805

yes, i disable SEP (symantec endpoint protection"

yes, i uninstall the agent, and now i have not any agent! cause i can not install the agent remotely and locally!

i install and update vcredit and dotnet framework too..

thnx for replying, that locations, and that registery locations was not found in veritas and alos symantec path's...