cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

profile change

mghomer
Level 6

Hi all,

one of my previous colleagues has BE 2012 installed on a 2008 R2 Domain Controller.

Now i would like to demote this DC and use it as normal domain member only.

My problem is that was an single DC for a testdomain which will not be existing anymore and this client will be a member of an other domain.

So all the BE2012 settings/jobs are bounded to the account of the old domainuser, with the new domain membership i have to logon with a new user so all the BE2012 settings/jobs will gone, i guess.

Is their any possibilty to take over all the settings to the new userprofile?

Thank you 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Nopes, the settings / jobs will not be gone. You will have to replace the account used by the Backup Exec services and the jobs. You can use BEUtility to update the account information.

Use this KB -

How to update media server configuration information, including server name and domain name changes for Backup Exec 2012 and prior versions - https://support.symantec.com/en_US/article.TECH38988.html

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

No, the settings are NOT bound to a single user. They are contained within the BEDB.

Simply demote the DC after promoting another. You can use the same account as well. No changes are made to BE at all, and as long as you don't delete or edit the current account used by BE, it should continue working.

Thanks!

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Nopes, the settings / jobs will not be gone. You will have to replace the account used by the Backup Exec services and the jobs. You can use BEUtility to update the account information.

Use this KB -

How to update media server configuration information, including server name and domain name changes for Backup Exec 2012 and prior versions - https://support.symantec.com/en_US/article.TECH38988.html

mghomer
Level 6

ok thanks!