cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 

question about B2D -> B2T

vac
Level 3

Hi everyone,

I would like to configure the following task within Backup Exec 2014 (but I'm failling):

I have a SQL 2008 R2 Server with several databases attached. Workdays (Monday - Friday) I would like to make a full backup at 7.00 am, then every two hours a incremental backup starting at 10.00 am until 18.00 pm to a disk storage. Every day I would like to duplicate the whole backups (full & incremental) to tape. After the first week I would like to duplicate the backups to another tape set, and so on until I use the first tape set again in week 4.The backups on the disk storage should be kept for at least one week and could be overwritten in week 2.

I tried the following job configuration:

B2D:

1. full backup, every 4 weeks on Monday - Friday at 7.00 am, keep for 5 days.
  2. incremental backup, every 4 weeks on Monday - Friday at 10.00 am, keep for 5 days.
  3. incremental backup, every 4 weeks on Monday - Friday at 12.00 am, keep for 5 days.
  4. incremental backup, every 4 weeks on Monday - Friday at 14.00 pm, keep for 5 days.
  5. incremental backup, every 4 weeks on Monday - Friday at 16.00 am, keep for 5 days.
  6. incremental backup, every 4 weeks on Monday - Friday at 18.00 pm, keep for 5 days.

B2T:

1. Monday: copy job, 19.00 pm then every 28 days on monday, source: full backup and the 5 incremental
  2. Tuesday: copy job, 19.00 pm then every 28 days on tuesday, source: full backup and the 5 incremental
  3. Wednesday: copy job, 19.00 pm then every 28 days on wednesday, source: full backup and the 5 incremental
  4. Thursday: copy job, 19.00 pm then every 28 days on thursday, source: full backup and the 5 incremental
  5. Friday: copy job, 19.00 pm then every 28 days on friday, source: full backup and the 5 incremental

Any ideas if this could work or is there a better possibility to reach my goal mentioned above? With this configuration I got, lately on Thusrday always the following error: "0xe0000602 - A query for media on which the data set being read is continued was unsuccessful. Ensure that all media in the family have been inventoried and cataloged."

best regards,

Christoph

0 REPLIES 0