cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

question about two errors 0xa000fe36 and database

systemetrixs
Not applicable

Hi All,

Some times I get these below errors in the same backup. For some background info. The servers that are being backuped up are 2003 SBS and 2003. There is an exchange database on the SBS server and an exchange agent in my backup exec 9.1. I know that the first error is caused by the outlook PST file being left open therefore it is locked and backup exec can not back it up. My question is: Is the second error related to this as well, or is it talking about a different database?

All backups are to USB drives as disk backups. THANKS

ERROR ONE. This one shows in the job completion part of the job log

Job ended: Tuesday, August 26, 2008 at 2:27:15 AMCompleted status: FailedFinal error: 0xa000fe36 - Corrupt data encountered - See job log for details.Final error category: Resource Errors
ERROR TWO. This one shows in the ERRORs part of the job log.
Click an error below to locate it in the job log. (I DID THIS, it is below)
Backup - D: Data
Database or database element is corrupt
Database or database element is corrupt

This (below) is what I get when I click where it says to click for more details. This is where I get the idea that it is caused by the PST file. Just the word database worries me.

Backup set #2 on storage media #64WARNING: "D:\Users\avolentine\Outlook\10.03_08.06_Archive.pst" is a corrupt file.This file cannot verify.Database or database element is corrupt
0 REPLIES 0