cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"0xe000ff15 - A communication failure has occurred with a system state/shadow copy resource."

Immersive
Level 2

We have recently upgraded our BE from 2014 to 16 with FP2.  BE server is Windows Server 2012 R2.  Since then we have random backup jobs failed with the error message:

"0xe000ff15 - A communication failure has occurred with a system state/shadow copy resource."

If we restart the backup job it will run successfuly without any issue.  We have a call logged with Veritas for weeks without much progress.  They are pretty much telling me this is a network problem and providing very little assistance on pin pointing the underlying issue. 

This only happens after the upgrade.  Anyone else experienced similar issue?  

3 REPLIES 3

Immersive
Level 2

Quick update after we sent the next round of AppCritical log to Veritas for analysis.  The report indicated that there are potential network problem with the BE server.  However, when I questioned why this is only causing problem to a random failed backup jobs (less then 3%) and always failed at System State they have no idea.  

So we are alone in this issue after all?  

I have this issue as well and backupexec technical folks were never able to figure it out. Did you have any luck?

MilindP
Level 4

Hello,

This could be similar to the below issue, have you opened up a support case yet?

https://www.veritas.com/support/en_US/article.100033965