cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Directory Not Found" Error On Backup Exec 9.1

Kevin_Kinder
Not applicable

Apologies for the basic question, I have been tossed into administering Backup Exec and have no knowledge of the product.

I have a scheduled incremental backup that failed with the following error:

Directory not found. Can not backup directory \backup\\㌰就⸪∪猬砬瘬ⰰぴ氬ⰰの2012   11:50:01 PM and its subdirectories

Final error: 0xa000fe09 - The directory is invalid.

This is the only information in the Job Log. All of the directories and servers that are being backed up are valid, and there's no other information on the error that I can find. I looked at the system admin manual and the online documentation, but can't find any more information. How can I figure out which directory is invalid? It looks like, from the file name, that some sort of corruption on a directory caused the failure, but I can't identify it.

Also, shouldn't the backup job have jsut skipped the unreachable directory and proceded, while also adding an eorror message to the log?

2 REPLIES 2

Carlos_Quiroga
Level 5
Employee Accredited

Please provide a screenshot of the DETAILS VIEW tab of the Selection List on the Backup Job Properties.

Or give us a detail of what exactly you have selected to backup.

Ken_Putnam
Level 6

" It looks like, from the file name, that some sort of corruption on a directory caused the failure, but I can't identify it."

IIRC, v8 & v9 tended to have this proble, periodically

If a quick perusal doesn't show any obvious errors, the easiest thing was to create a new Selection List and use that in your job.  If the error persisted, Creating both a new job and a new Selection list usually fixed things