cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Incremental - Using Modified Time" Scheduled Backup Task keeps performing Full backups.

Roybo
Level 0

Hey Guys.

Let me just start by stating that I am new to Backup Exec.

i created a (standard?) backup job using the "Incremental - Using modified time" Backup method.

i am not sure what was i doing wrong but the backup keeps backing up the files in full, instead of just the changes made the past 24 hours (i scheduled a backup every 24 hours).

Obviously i am missing something, and i tried going through the forums for similar topics, but there are a few concepts i am yet to understand such as Archive Bits, and what does Reset Archive Bits means to the fullest. (i was reading about it here https://www.veritas.com/support/en_US/article.000075525).

using Backup Exec 10 R3, on Windows Server 2012 R2 Datacenter.

perhaps this issue occurs due to incompatibility? 

i am in dire need of your help, support and experience so any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance!

1 REPLY 1

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified

Are you backing up shares on the WIndows 2012 R2 system or is the remote agent installed?

If backing up shares (without a remote agent) then Incremental and Differential backups are not officially supported (either for modified time or archive bits)

Also as I guess you are already aware 2010 R3 does not support Windows 2012 R2 so you should update your Backup Exec version