cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Insufficient media to start job"

esena
Not applicable

Hello. I've searched for an answer to my question but have been unable to find one thus far.

I've got Backup Exec 11d running on a Dell Server 2003 R2 that's tasked to backup local files. The problem is that BE refuses to recognize the media, and I receive the following error message:

"Media Check
Online media check   : Insufficient online or nearline media is available to start job.
Overwrite media check: There is no media online or nearline that can be overwritten or the job has been marked append/terminate.
Media check status   : Failed"

Any ideas?

3 REPLIES 3

rlosiniecki
Not applicable
I am having the same problem. When I uncheck "check media" the test runs but otherwise it will fail.

JDBX3
Level 2
I have also received this message even though the media/devices section shows that I have 120GB available media (exabyte tape).  What gives?  This has brought my Corp backup to a halt. 

I'm backing up data from a Win Server 2003 network over to a snap server but I cannot move the data over for offsite (tape) backup.  Any info would be greatly appreciated.

jthomas_2
Level 2
I am also having this issue it started after a reboot of our server dell running w2k3 server, has anybody been able to resolve this issue. 

please help!

thanks.