cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Physical Volume Library Media" not found - Replaced Tape Drive

SelinaP
Level 3

Hi,

We had a failed drive in our TL4000 and it was replaced without issue.

The drive appeared in BUE15 after a server restart. We disabled and deleted the old drive, and checked that the new one was enabled, renamed it to match the other drives and it presented fine.

Ran tapeinst to remove the old drive, this picked it up and removed it.
Ran a test clean from the TL GUI and it worked.

Ran a test clean from BUE15, and that is where the wheels fell of the cart.

Final error: 0xe000810d - Physical Volume Library Media not found.

I have performed the following to resolve this:

Disabled and Deleted the Drive, ran tapeinst and then restarted BUE - tape was present. Failed Cleaning job again

Ran a repair on the DB

Updated Drivers from Device Manager, and then re-ran tapeinst to get the symantic drivers. (I have not deleted the drive from Device Manager as I cannot tell which driver is attached to the drive.)

Restarted services and server about a dozen times. Restarted TL as well.

And nothing. I am starting to think there is no much else to do. Could this simply be a hardware issue?

Any input would be great! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Oh blimey

It's working.

I feel BUE is just testing my patience to see how far I will go on my threats I make towards it and the server.

Thanks

Selina

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

SelinaP
Level 3

I have also checked the adamm.log and everything appears to be ok in there as well.

Larry_Fine
   VIP   

How many tape drives do you have in your TL4000?

Do things other than cleaning jobs work ok?  Thing such as inventory & backup?

The error is complaining about hte media, not the tape drive.  Are you using bar codes on your cleaning media?  If not, you may need to delete the cleaning media from the BE GUI, then let it get re-discovered during an inventory job.

Oh blimey

It's working.

I feel BUE is just testing my patience to see how far I will go on my threats I make towards it and the server.

Thanks

Selina