Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Ready; No idle devices are available"

ramiri
Level 2

Hello,

Currently, I am getting the following error when backing up my data:

"Ready; No idle devices are available"

And also the state of the drive is "offline" and I can not change it to online.

Thanks,

Ramin

7 REPLIES 7

Gurvinder
Employee Accredited Certified
Go to details of the drive -
1. Set the drive to not read only. Apply the changes.( if there are any expired sets inside the drive which you want to retain, right click on them and retain them )
2. Check the path where that storage is configured. Make sure that the path is still the same.

If both then above are set then restart BE services and check if the drive comes online.

If it does not, review adamm.log in BE install Path\logs\ ( review from last and scroll up to where you see the mention of this drive . See if there are any errors reported in adamm.log)

Thank you for your reply.

1. How can I set the drive to not read-only state because I could not find any part to change that.
2. I have checked the path and it was correct.
also I have been restarted all services before.

Could you please guide me that how can I get adamm.log?

Gurvinder

you can get the adamm log in this location - BE install Path\logs\adamm.log ( attach it to post if possible )
Attached is the screenshot to check if a disk is in read only state or not. Mine is not and hence the screenshot shows No. 

I could disable read-only disk storage. thank you for your guide but the drive is offline still.

I attached adamm.log to this message.

Gurvinder

"\\IRNAS02\Backup_Sarbandar"

[08808] 08/14/22 12:16:09.723 FreespaceServiceThreadProc() - offline device
Drive = 1006 "Backup_Sarbandar"
Unable to get space information: ERROR = 0x0000052E (1326)

[08808] 08/14/22 12:16:09.730 PvlDrive::UpdateOnlineState()
Drive = 1006 "Backup_Sarbandar"
ERROR = The device is offline!

C:\Users\Gurvinder.Rait>net helpmsg 1326
The user name or password is incorrect.

Check BE services are using which account ? Does that account have access to that share ?
If not , create the same user in NAS and give it read/write/Full control access and then check if it comes online after a BE service restart

The BE uses the domain admin account and this account has access to the share folder.
But could you please explain how can I create a user in NAS and give it read/write/Full control access?(I just want to be sure the access to share folder is true)
Please see the attached file, is this the share folder that you have mentioned before?

Gurvinder
Can you expand system management and see if it allows to create a user there and define rights. Can you create a user which matches BESA and give it same password as the one on your BE server ( if NAS is not connected to domain ). Also, If you login to BE server with backup exec service account - are you able to access this share and copy files to it I.e. write to it.. ?