cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Ready; no Backup Exec servers with Deduplication Option license are available that have access to the job's target device"

A_W
Level 4

Hello,

I just installed Symantec Backup Exec 2012 on windows 2008 r2 physical host and enabled the deduplication option.

but I faced a strange problem

• I created a local disk-based dedupkication storage on the Media server
  • Installed a remote agent in the remote test windows 2003 server
  • created a bakup job with "Backup to Deduplication Disk Storage" wizard to backup a folder in the remote test Windows 2003 Server.
  • failed to run the backup job, the job status is "Ready; no Backup Exec servers with Deduplication Option license are available that have access to the job's target device "

who can help me?

Thanks

20 REPLIES 20

pkh
   VIP    Certified

Did you install the dedup licence?

A_W
Level 4

yes,I did

pkh
   VIP    Certified

Check that the dedup service (spoold) is started.

A_W
Level 4

yes, the dedup  servive is runnig...

tb4g
Level 2
Partner Accredited

Hi,

Im experiencing the same problem after an upgrade from Backup Exec 2010.

Cant perform backups but the restores from the dedup folder of previously backed up data works fine..

Br,

Markus

A_W
Level 4

I find mabye there is a bug in licensing module during BE 2012 installation.

You'll find some options and agents will suddenly disappeared though you have installed them before.

STRANGE THING!!!

A_W
Level 4

anybody help me ?

A_W
Level 4

disappointed

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Is the Dedupe Option showing as licensed & installed under Installation and Licensing - License Information ?

Have you tried removing the Dedupe license...uninstall by completing the wizard & re-installing the license with the Dedupe option ?

And lastly, after adding the license, did you re-create the job ?

A_W
Level 4

yes I tried everything. I even re-installed my physical server, and then did a clean installation fo BE 2012, but the issue still happend.

A_W
Level 4

The Dedupe Option is showing as licensed & installed under Installation and Licensing - License Information.

A_W
Level 4

I'd like to say is that there is a bug in the new licensing module of BE 2012 installation.

the same machine, the same OS, if I just install BE 2012 main mode, and Dedu option, it works,

if we install Dedu option with other options and agents, then IT WOULD NOT work, but it does not always.

so....

A_W
Level 4

Do you dare to deploy BE 2012 into your production enviroment ?

pkh
   VIP    Certified

Did you open a formal support case for Symantec to investigate this problem?

A_W
Level 4

Yes I did, But the engineer could not find anything.

I also found antoher strange things, after installed all options, (with the method I mentioned last) if I also installed the maintance contract license, the issue would happen again, but not always.

So, I really felt disappointed...

Colin_Weaver

So as the techician has not fixed the prolem is he escalating it?

Also in the screen after the licenses are entered have you made sure that deduplication is checked?

A_W
Level 4

I am sure that the dedu option is checked.

boemao
Level 2

We have the same issue... is there any update?

Kanaklata_Jani
Level 2

Please try the following and let us know the results.

1. Uninstall all current Licenses via Backup Exec 2012 GUI. Do ensure that you select all the options/agents you did like to use or have the licenses for and let the install complete.

2. Once the install has completed in step 1, Move all *.slf files from \Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\Licenses folder to a safe location.

3. Stop BE services.

4. Delete all *.slf files in the folder  \Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\Licenses

5.  Start BE services

6.  Re-run the installation again and insert all the Licenses again.  Select all the options/agents for which the licenses have been keyed in.

7. Attempt to run the backup jobs to dedupe folder and verify the results.

If the issue persists,  please let me know the case id for the case opened with Support.