cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Reload Virtual Mashine" When backing up Virtual Machine on VMware server.

Warlok9000
Level 2

I'm having trouble with backing up Virtual Mashines on VMWare. They are disconnected from the network, when backing up are finished. it does not last long, not more than a minute. Larger machine, the longer it is disconected. The backup is finished successfully.

For Example, when the Exchange server is disconected so that my outlook-users lose connection and have to restart the Outlook.

In VMWare logs I see three events: Create Virtual Machine Snapshot, Reload Virtual Machine, Remove Snapshot. The time the event "Reload Virtual Machine" coincides with the disconnecting.

If I'm backing up via VMWare Data Recovery, I see in logs only two events: Create Virtual Machine Snapshot and Remove Snapshot. Virtual Mashines is not disconnected.

Media Server: Backup Exec 2010 R2 SP3 (13.0 Rev 5204), Winsows Server 2008 SP2 Standard x64

VMWare vCenter Server 5.0

how to fix a bug with disconnect?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

...we have the same issue we have with another vendor's backup software, and it looks like it relates to VMware itself...check out their KB article below:

http://kb.vmware.com/selfservice/microsites/search.do?language=en_US&cmd=displayKC&externalId=103110...

...doesn't appear to be a BE issue in this case.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

CraigV

Hi,

Upgrade to BE 2010 R3 with SP2 and any other available patches and push-install these to any remote servers you might have. Once done, run the backup job again and check if you get the same error.

Is this something new, or has it been happening for a while now?

Thanks!

Warlok9000
Level 2

Sorry, I was not attentive. Media Server: Backup Exec 2010 R3 SP2 with last hotfixes.

CraigV

...we have the same issue we have with another vendor's backup software, and it looks like it relates to VMware itself...check out their KB article below:

http://kb.vmware.com/selfservice/microsites/search.do?language=en_US&cmd=displayKC&externalId=103110...

...doesn't appear to be a BE issue in this case.