cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Unable to create the Backup Items. Unknown reason: {0}"

JayG0
Level 2

Two weeks ago or so our back up jobs stopped working. The last time I was able to get a job to actually run it went over a weekend (never finishing) and was full of this alert "The media labeled " from slot '0' read by drive 'NAS' is written in an unrecognized format. Erase the media to make it usable."

I'm not quite sure what that's asking of me, but now I can't even get it to try and run. Any time I try to edit a back up job, or create a new one, I recieve this error: "Unable to create the Backup Items. Unknown reason: {0}"

I've tried updating the software, restarting the services, and restarting the server itself. Nothing has solved the issue or even offered further clues as to what the issue may be.

I've even tried to add the server agian (or other machines just to see if it would work), and I get a "Unable to create the Install Items. Unknown reason: {0}". Pretty much anything I try to do ends up in this Unknown reason: {0} error, which is surpremely unhelpful.

Anyone else have this issue? Or any idea what might be going on here? Any help is much appreciated.

4 REPLIES 4

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

...have you checked the NAS for any issues?

JayG0
Level 2

The NAS seems just fine. 

Even if it wasn't Backup Exec is stopping me from creating a new backup before I even chose what storage to use.

JayG0
Level 2

Still an ongoing issue. I'm beginning to think my only other option is to reinstall the software and hope for the best. 

michellemudave
Not applicable

I get the same issue. Did you reinstall? Did it get rid of the issue?

Cheers

Michelle