cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Unable to find language settings file" message when installang BE 2014

mehdi_ouazaa
Level 3

Hello,

I am trying to install Backup Exec trial version and each time I run the Browser.exe file a message saying "Unable to find language settings file" is seen on the screen.

I reloaded the iso file twice but I have always the same message.

Can anyone help please?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified

How are you accessing the ISO?

- 3rd party software mount (if this maybe try to burn an actual DVD or use different ISO software)

- Burnt to actual DVD? (if this try a software method of mounting)

- Installing BE inside a VM, so mounted via options available in the Hyper - Visor software (VMware or Hyper-V) If this try to mount with software inside the VM instead.

- via a remote a remote mount car (DRAC card from Dell for instance) if this try a local mount of some type instead of remote

Also try testing the install on a different server just in case

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

VJware
Level 6

Have you tried to re-download the installer ? And if you are running an AV, temporarily disable it when you extract and compile/mount the .iso

mehdi_ouazaa
Level 3

Hi,

Yes this is what I've meant by reloading the iso (mean I re-downloaded the installer).

The symantec AV was disabled too

Colin_Weaver

How are you accessing the ISO?

- 3rd party software mount (if this maybe try to burn an actual DVD or use different ISO software)

- Burnt to actual DVD? (if this try a software method of mounting)

- Installing BE inside a VM, so mounted via options available in the Hyper - Visor software (VMware or Hyper-V) If this try to mount with software inside the VM instead.

- via a remote a remote mount car (DRAC card from Dell for instance) if this try a local mount of some type instead of remote

Also try testing the install on a different server just in case

mehdi_ouazaa
Level 3

Ok Colin,

After burning an actual DVD I was able to install BE.

Thanks a lot